Monday, September 14, 2009

My Avatar in Second Life

I still think having an avatar is “weird” and “bizarre”, but I am beginning to get sucked into this world of Second Life. When I was younger, I was always interested in games such as The Sims and Sim City 3000, so Second Life is basically the program that I always wanted to try. I am excited to enter this new world, however the stories I have heard about people romancing and men creating attractive female avatars strikes me as “creepy”. I am putting quotes around these words because they are my generalizations about Second Life. I want my avatar to be as similar to my appearance as possible because I really don’t want to fool anyone. Also, I get judged in real life for my height and physical appearance (as all people do), so I guess I am not afraid to look the same in my Second Life. I want my avatar to dress in goofy pants and a Richmond shirt because in real life it shows that I am goofy and fun but at the same time appreciate an education too. Also, I don’t want to be one of those “creepy” males choosing a female avatar. I chose the name Ihavebad Frostbite because I think it says a little about myself – pointing out I have a sense of humor while at the same time being a good choice for a gender neutral name.

1 comment:

  1. I clearly see why you chose the avatar you did.

    But where did Mr. Frostbite go? I don't have a Scavenger-hunt entry yet.

    ReplyDelete