Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Free to Roam

I am very late with this assignment, but I needed to finish it to show my progress in Second Life. I hope these new pictures will demonstrate my ability with the controls and new camera angle shots. Since there were no required places to visit, I decided to roam free – with my shirt off. I decided to start my freedom trail at the Sistine Chapel, just to check out some other half naked people. Once I checked out Michael Angelo’s masterpiece, I decided to compare SL’s version of the Globe Theatre to Shakespeare’s version created in 1599. I stood at the center of the stage, zoomed out for the full view, and took the picture. This was my first realization of what Dr. Essid always insists at the point of Second Life – to see the actual building and feel that you are actually in it. Its not like a 360 degree virtual tour, because it feels as if you are actually walking into the building in reality and going to any step of the building as if I was actually there. The replica in SL is precise down to every last detail of the original.


sl 2a_001


sl 2b_001


As my last stop I decided to see the Chichen Itza, which was outstanding and very impressive. It was also where I met my first SL friend; Mercedes Elan. She was with her friend, Elizabeth Falmer, and kindly introduced themselves to me. Next thing you know, I found out things about them such as they are from Holland, love the ocean and palm trees, and apparently love to dance. They friend requested me, then brought me to a dance party. At this dance party, I found myself chatting with various people who even taught me how to dance. I never would have fathomed that a Scavenger Hunt where I looked at historical sites would have turned into a dance party. And, to make things even more interesting, 5 out of the ten people there were dancing with sheep…


sl 2c_001


sl 2d_001

I feel that this second scavenger hunt was very beneficial to me because it felt as if it were a road trip; traveling anywhere I wanted and feeling the freedom of traveling anywhere with no strings attached. I really enjoyed the Scavenger Hunt, and I hope you enjoy my pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment